Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'm Sick of These Scammers Blowing Up My Mailbox!

I post ads on Craigslist from time to time for rentals.  Being on the internet as long as I have, I've developed a fairly keen sense of when someone's BSing me.  This 1 particular time, I decided to have a little fun with some scammer - just to see what he would do.  And yes, I'm SURE it was a HE!  Below is the email thread I shared with this guy.  My email address was removed, but I'm leaving his completely in tact!

Hope the bastard gets busted by the Secret Service!!! (I know it's a little annoying to read, but try to read it from the bottom up.  I thought it was kinda funny to see this guy get irritated by my foolishness)


to alisha mayer

dateSun, Jun 15, 2008 at 10:06 AM
subjectRe: $165 Private Room; Beautiful, Clean Brownstone (Bedstuy) (map)
mailed-bygmail.com


Hey sexy.  I spoke with Becos and gave him my information already.  The money order should be in the mail by now.  Like I said, you don't have to worry about a thing.
 
It's been a long time since I've had a sexy woman to cozy up to at night.  So I definitely am looking forward to your company.  What airport are you coming to and at what time?  I bought you something nice I'm sure you'd like.
 
I also have a business proposition for you.  I'll give you details if you're interested... ok
 
Jason


 
On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 10:41 AM, alisha mayer wrote:

Kindly get back to me with your full name ..full address ...zipcode and phone number so the payment will be made out to you in money order ok ... 



On 6/14/08, kappatalp wrote: 
Tell you what.  The room is yours.  I won't even charge you for it cause I think we can both benefit from each other's company.  Make sure you pack appropriate clothing for formal dining, clubs, and some nice lingerie for afterward. ;-)
 
Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday!
 
 
Jimmy
PS
I'll send you all my information shortly. Maybe when I take a trip to Belgium some time you'll be a gracious host... :-)

 
On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 9:42 AM, alisha mayer wrote:

Anyway am single and i do care to have this room before tuesdat next week ok .


On 6/14/08, kappatalp wrote:
> I love Belgium women!  How old did you say you are again?  I can hardly wait
> to meet you.  I bet you have one of those cute Belgium accents too!  :-)
>
> Are you married?  Let me know what flight you'll be coming in on and I'll
> collect you from the airport.  We can talk about the rent after dinner ;-)
>
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 9:09 AM, alisha mayer
> wrote:
>
>> The payment will be mail out to you by my boss in state ok and i will
>> be coming over from belgium ok so all you need to do now is to send me
>> your full name ...full address ..zip code and phone number ok ... so
>> the payment will be made out to you ok ...
>>
>> On 6/14/08, kappatalp wrote:
>> > Daniel told me cash, but if you really want to, you can just bring the
>> money
>> > order with you when you come.
>> >
>> > I think you gave me the wrong number by the way.  I called you to hear
>> that
>> > sexy voice and someone else answered the phone.  Anyway, I still need
>> > the
>> > information from you for the application and I still want those pics and
>> I
>> > still want to hear that sexy voice.
>> >
>> > Tell me what you look like.  Are you comfortable with sharing a bed
>> > every
>> so
>> > often?
>> > Jacob
>> > On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 8:04 AM, alisha mayer
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> >> GOOD THANKS AND I WANTY YOU TO KINDLY NOTE THAT HE READY TO TRANSFER
>> >> THE MONEY INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT OR SEND YOU A MONEY ORDER FOR THE
>> >> PAYMENT OK .....
>> >>
>> >> On 6/13/08, kappatalp wrote:
>> >> > Is that your cell phone, or your house phone?
>> >> >
>> >> > I spoke with Hari and he said that he'll give you cash that you can
>> use
>> >> to
>> >> > pay for the room when you get here so you're all set.  I just need
>> >> > the
>> >> > information to put on the form, and your pics.  I'm also still very
>> much
>> >> > looking forward to hearing your sweet voice! ;-)
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > On 6/13/08, alisha mayer wrote:
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Hello i will fill the form when i get back to state and i will send
>> you
>> >> my
>> >> >> pics once am able to get one of the pics scan today here is my own
>> >> number
>> >> >> ....+447031817549 and here is my boss number in us ...5104432549 his
>> >> name
>> >> >> is
>> >> >> Hari
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> On 6/13/08, kappatalp wrote:
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>> You don't need a printer - just send me the information requested
>> >> >>> on
>> >> the
>> >> >>> form separately and I'll fill the form out for you.
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>> What about the pictures and the the phone number?  I'd love to see
>> you
>> >> >>> and
>> >> >>> hear what you sound like.  ;-)
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>> Looking forward to you,
>> >> >>> Jimmy
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>>  On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 7:30 AM, alisha mayer <
>> alisha.mayer@gmail.com
>> >> >
>> >> >>> wrote:
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>>> Hello Johnny is good to read from you and i will want you to
>> >> >>>> kindly
>> >> note
>> >> >>>> that i dont have a printer here to print out the form and i will
>> want
>> >> >>>> you to
>> >> >>>> know that i will fill the form and the lease when i get to state
>> >> >>>> so
>> >> let
>> >> >>>> me
>> >> >>>> know the form of payment you want out of the two i stated ok
>> ....hope
>> >> to
>> >> >>>> read from you soonest ok...
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>> On 6/12/08, kappatalp wrote:
>> >> >>>>>
>> >> >>>>> Sounds great!  Please fill out the attached appliction and send
>> >> >>>>> it
>> >> back
>> >> >>>>> to me.  If you have any pictures of yourself, I'd love to see
>> >> >>>>> them
>> >> too
>> >> >>>>> -
>> >> >>>>> preferably full body ones (no professional shots please).  I bet
>> >> you'd
>> >> >>>>> be a
>> >> >>>>> wonderful roommate! ;-)
>> >> >>>>>
>> >> >>>>> What's your phone number?  I'd also like to have an idea of what
>> you
>> >> >>>>> sound like. ;-)
>> >> >>>>>
>> >> >>>>> Johnny
>> >> >>>>>
>> >> >>>>>  On 6/12/08, alisha mayer wrote:
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> from usa,i will like to secure the room... state soonest  and i
>> >> >>>>>> will
>> >> >>>>>> be checking in 2week time... the deposit fees will be made out
>> >> >>>>>> to
>> >> you
>> >> >>>>>> soonest to avoid anydelay .Here is little about me,Am an
>> >> >>>>>> Artist..
>> >> >>>>>> in
>> >> >>>>>> Hand and computer Drawing... textile designing as well as
>> >> >>>>>> Sculptures... it make me travelled alot...i was born in usa ,
>> >> >>>>>> but
>> >> >>>>>> presently i will moving in to the usa finaly from Belgium , so
>> all
>> >> the
>> >> >>>>>> payment arrangement is being take care of by my boss, i love
>> >> >>>>>> swimming,and going to cinema house..i love to make people laugh,
>> i
>> >> bet
>> >> >>>>>> it you will enjoy having me as your roommate, am not married, no
>> >> >>>>>> kids.i love to enjoy the best of life...I have discussed this
>> with
>> >> my
>> >> >>>>>> boss concerning the payment and i was giving two option ok so
>> >> >>>>>> the
>> >> >>>>>> first one is payment via certified check or cashier check so for
>> >> this
>> >> >>>>>> the details below are needed for the payment to be made out to
>> you
>> >> in
>> >> >>>>>> certified check or cashier ....
>> >> >>>>>> Full name .........
>> >> >>>>>> Address,
>> >> >>>>>> city,state,..........
>> >> >>>>>> zipcode,
>> >> >>>>>> Home phone.......
>> >> >>>>>> Cell phone......
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> So that i can get this across to my boss for quick payment for
>> the
>> >> >>>>>> deposit, becos is a busy man.
>> >> >>>>>> The second payment option is paymentbthrough bank transfer and
>> the
>> >> >>>>>> bank account needed should be fron Bank Of America or Wellsfargo
>> so
>> >> >>>>>> here are the needed details
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> ACCOUNT HOLDERS NAME
>> >> >>>>>> ACCOUNT NUMBER
>> >> >>>>>> ROUTINE NUMBER
>> >> >>>>>> ACCOUNT HOLDERS PHONE NUMBER
>> >> >>>>>> BANK NAME
>> >> >>>>>> BANK ADDRESS
>> >> >>>>>> BANK PHONE NUMBER
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> I will want you to call my boss and talk to him  here is my boss
>> >> >>>>>> contact cell # his name is  Daniel Rinsola  and his cell number
>> is
>> >> >>>>>> 510-441-2563.call him now and talk to him ..lookingforward to
>> read
>> >> >>>>>> from you.
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> Alisha
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> On 6/11/08, kappatalp wrote:
>> >> >>>>>> > Alisha,
>> >> >>>>>> >
>> >> >>>>>> > I'm not sure I understand what update you want me to get back
>> to
>> >> you
>> >> >>>>>> with.
>> >> >>>>>> > All of the information is provided in the ad.  Please let me
>> know
>> >> if
>> >> >>>>>> you
>> >> >>>>>> > have any specific questions.
>> >> >>>>>> >
>> >> >>>>>> >
>> >> >>>>>> > Joel
>> >> >>>>>> >
>> >> >>>>>> >
>> >> >>>>>> > On 6/11/08, alisha mayer wrote:
>> >> >>>>>> >>
>> >> >>>>>> >> ** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
>> >> >>>>>> >> ** Avoid:  wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
>> >> >>>>>> >> ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
>> >> >>>>>> >> ** More Info:  http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html
>> >> >>>>>> >>
>> >> >>>>>> >> --
>> >> >>>>>> >> --
>> >> >>>>>> >> Hi am interested in your room for rent. i will want to the
>> >> >>>>>> >> get
>> >> back
>> >> >>>>>> to
>> >> >>>>>> >> me with update of the room and the rent
>> >> >>>>>> >> bills
>> >> >>>>>> >>
>> >> >>>>>> >>
>> >> >>>>>> >>
>> >> ------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >> >>>>>> >> this message was remailed to you via:
>> >> hous-715768663@craigslist.org
>> >> >>>>>> >>
>> >> ------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >> >>>>>> >>
>> >> >>>>>> >
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>> --
>> >> >>>>>> --
>> >> >>>>>> Hi am interested in your room for rent. i will want to the get
>> back
>> >> to
>> >> >>>>>> me with update of the room and the rent
>> >> >>>>>> bills
>> >> >>>>>>
>> >> >>>>>
>> >> >>>>>
>> >> >>>>>
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>> --
>> >> >>>>  --
>> >> >>>> Hi am interested in your room for rent. i will want to the get
>> >> >>>> back
>> >> >>>> to
>> >> >>>> me
>> >> >>>> with update of the room and the rent
>> >> >>>> bills
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>>
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> --
>> >> >> --
>> >> >> Hi am interested in your room for rent. i will want to the get back
>> to
>> >> me
>> >> >> with update of the room and the rent
>> >> >> bills
>> >> >>
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >>  --
>> >> Hi am interested in your room for rent. i will want to the get back to
>> >> me with update of the room and the rent
>> >> bills
>> >>
>> >
>>
>>
>> --
>>  --
>> Hi am interested in your room for rent. i will want to the get back to
>> me with update of the room and the rent
>> bills
>>
>


 
--

--
Hi am interested in your room for rent. i will want to the get back to
me with update of the room and the rent
bills
 






-- 

--
Hi am interested in your room for rent. i will want to the get back to me with update of the room and the rent
bills